Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Gelato in Ireland? Say WhAt?!?

I slept like a rock last night. Thank goodness because I don't think I could have handled another sleepless night!

With around 8 hours of sleep under my belt, I was ready to conquer the day! Going to class per usual was great, Archaeology is always a fun class to go to because 1. um hello? I'm an archaeology major ;) and 2. I love to listen to my professor's Irish accent.

After I went to the gym. I'm on a role this week! Every day so far and it feel great! It also felt great because I knew I was going to be having a delicious treat later that day ;)

LUNCH:


Lunch was a pita stuffed with cheese, spinach, and smoked tofu. I also had a side of grapefruit and sweet peas. YUM!

I'm so awkward when I take pictures of myself eating. :/ oh well :)

After lounging around for a couple more hours it was time for...GELATO!

Yes, gelato in Ireland. It sounds weird, but it was deeeeelicious!

I got the forest berry (which was aight) and then the cookies and cream. The cookies and cream was by far my favorite. It was creamy and had bits of chocolate crunchy cookies mixed in. It was a great contrast in textures, which I LOVE.

Even though it was pouring out, it made my day a little better :)

Yes, this is a sweater with anchors on it. Don't be hatin'.

After gelato, I had to quickly hurry back to my apartment to grab dinner and head to my night class. But while waiting for the bus, I felt like I needed a little pick me up to keep me going through the rest of the night. Insert--Gloria jeans coffee. Plain coffee with soy and a little sweetener did the trick!

After arriving back to my apartment, I didn't have that much time to eat so I threw together a 'dilla of cheese, spinach, crumbled tomato marinated tofu and salsa...Did the trick! That held me over until I came home around 7:30 (The professor let us out 40 mins early, YES!)

Once home, I skyped with phillip (haha) for a little and then decided I wanted a little late night snack. These late night snakes are going to be my demise...I think my stomach is telling me I need to go to bed earlier. Annnnnnyway I had a bowl of stove popped popcorn with galic salt and cinnamon (don't knock it till you try it, is an amazing combo) and home made hot chocolate with soy milk. That definitely did the trick because for some reason today I was just in a funk. But hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

Now it's off to bed.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment